Without leaps of imagination, or
dreaming, we lose excitement of
all possibilities. Dreaming, after
all, is a form of planning.
Be careful what you water your dreams with.
Water them with worry and fear and you will
produce weeds that choke the life from your
dream. Water them with optimism and
solutions and you will cultivate success.
Always be on the lookout for ways to
turn a problem into an opportunity
for success. Always be on the
lookout for ways to
nurture your dreams.
Only as high as I reach can I grow,
only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look can I see,
only as much as I dream can I be.
Our life is composed greatly of dreams
from our unconscious, and they must
be brought into connection with action.
They must be woven together.
Tell me what you yearn for and I
shall tell you who you are. We are
what we reach for, the idealized
image that drives our wandering.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies
are blue, and the dreams that you
dare to dream really do come true.
~Lyman Frank Baum~
Dreaming: A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration.
This is the definition of dreaming that I chose to go with in this week’s photo challenge, and here are 10 things I know to be true about dreams.
1. It’s important to put our dreams into words.
2. Visualization is powerful in realizing our dreams.
3. Dreams come from the heart first and then the mind helps to give them form. It is crucial to consult our hearts in creating our dreams.
4. We must live our dreams every day in order for them to come true. Some days that may just be visualizing or talking about our longings.
5. Dreams help us create the future we want for ourselves.
6. Small dreams are just as important as big dreams. We can weave the small dreams into the big dreams to create the life we long for.
7. Dreams are renewable and sometimes we have to alter our dreams as we go along.
8. It’s okay to let go of dreams when they no longer feel right.
9. We must trust our dreams and hold on to them while we work through the doubts and fears that often arise along the way.
10. Our dreams help us to grow and become who we were meant to be.
What do you long for?